Thursday, January 8, 2009

Soft Snood

Here are some photos of the snood I finished right before Christmas. Sorry it took so long to post, but I have been lovingly wearing it every day and never really got around to taking photos. I got the idea from seeing one on a mannequin in an English clothing shop. It was so adorable, so I thought " I should make one!"
Really, it is so simple. It's just a long tube. You can adjust it to your desired length and play around with different yarns. My version is listed below.

Soft Snood
Yarn: 2 skeins Malabrigo Chunky
Needle: Size 11 circular, 16" length
Gauge: 12 stitches to 4 inches
CO 80 St. PM connect, being careful not to twist
"K2,P2" for 10 rows
Next Row: Decrease every 10 st ( 72 st)
Knit in the round until piece measures about 17 inches ( or desired length)
Next Row: Increase every 10 st (80 St)
"K2,P2" for 10 rows
Bind for loosely in rib.
Tada!!! So easy!


No comments: