Friday, May 8, 2009

New Bake Books!


Really, Borders has got to stop sending me these coupons. My book obsession is just out of control. I just acquired the Martha Stewart Baking Handbook last week and have been obsessing over a variety of recipes I hope to make in the near future. It's so fantastic. So many pictures of techniques and of the baked goods themselves. For a baking beginner, or for someone who is stimulated by pretty pictures, I highly recommend this book. Anyway, back to my book obsession.... I was watching the Martha Stewart Show ( hmmm... it just happened to be on TV), she had a lovely baker named Erin McKenna on as a special guest. She had come out with a new book called Babycakes, filled with recipes of vegan, gluten free and sugar free baked goods. I have never tried making goods for special diets, but it looked so delicious on TV. I have never been impressed with vegan treats I have tried before, but there is always a first. I think the first thing I make will be the Carrot Cake Cupcakes.... of course only after I make the Ricotta ( completely un-vegan) cheesecake from Martha's book.

No comments: